Medical Call Center
Our medical call center provides convenient, customer-friendly access to UK HealthCare services for consumers and referring physicians. The call center is a bridge between patients and caregivers, facilitating referrals, appointments and vital our HealthCare clinical contact is a service unique to our HealthCare, connecting community physicians and health care providers to UK facilities and services — 24 hours a day. Our coordinators can arrange a conference call between a community physician, a UK attending physician, and the UK capacity command center nurse to facilitate admission or transfer processes. our coordinators remain on the call to provide any additional assistance.
- Facilitates physician referrals and consults, hospital admissions, hospital transfers, patient appointments and other requests.
- Facilitates community physician referral and consult requests made via the secure online Patient Referral form.
- Works closely with the UK Physician Liaison Program to handle physician complaints and concerns.
- Facilitates Gill Heart Institute cath lab activation, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) response, RAMPART and Stroke team notification.
- Facilitates UK HealthCare physician requests.
- Maintains a comprehensive database of internal and external physicians available on UK CareWeb (password protected).
- Provides after-hours, weekend and holiday service for the Worker’s Compensation Program for University of Kentucky, Northern Kentucky University and Morehead State University.
- Provides reports to administration, admissions and the UK capacity command center and clinical services.
Our Health Connection
The Medical Billing Health Connection provides callers easy access to The Medical Billing HealthCare to make appointments, find a physician or health care services, procedures, screenings, class registrations and to get The Medical Billing HealthCare literature.
- Staffed 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday – Friday; 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Saturdays.
- Facilitates patient appointments, class registrations and health screenings.
- Fulfills all requests for advertised health information.
- Handles The Medical Billing HealthCare Web site consumer requests including appointment information, referrals, class registrations, medical screenings and health information.
- Assists Markey Cancer Center outpatients who have medical requests and concerns.
This after-hours, weekend and holiday nurse triage service covers calls for pediatricians at The Medical Billing HealthCare and several contracted community pediatric physician groups in the Bluegrass region.
- Staffed 5 p.m. – 8 a.m. Monday – Friday; 24 hour coverage on weekends and holidays.
- Telephone triage advice is provided by specially trained registered nurses using clinically proven algorithm protocols created by Barton Schmitt, MD.
- All triaged call transactions are entered into a database and then faxed to the pediatric patients’ primary care physician.