Back office operations in a medical practice are essential to your bottom line – it’s where you are collecting and processing payments, handling billing inquiries, and managing late or default payment issues. Efficiency and effectiveness in the back office are paramount – you need to ensure you are collecting payment for services rendered.
In a recent MGMA study, the top concern of their members was “dealing with operating costs rising faster than revenues,” and collections in general was a “top issue.” (2008, MGMA Member Research on Key Challenges). Intuit Health has a way to address this issue with solutions designed to ease the collections process – for both the practice and the patient.
The Medical Billing back office solution set includes:
- Online Bill Pay and Budget Payment Plans
- Virtual Card Swiper
- Ask a Biller
Value for the practice:
- Reduce workload: decrease phone calls and increase productivity throughout the payment process
- Significantly reduce costs: decrease costs for mailing statements and payment reminders; decrease cost of collection
- Generate revenue: improve collections; get paid for service delivered
- Deliver a more satisfying patient experience: offer flexible payment plans for large balances to make it easier for the patient and to ensure receivables by the practice
- Gain a competitive edge: offer services that differentiate your practice
- Offer services that differentiate your practice and gain a competitive edge
Value for the patient:
- Convenience of self-service: provides an option to be online versus on hold; gives improved access to practice
- Improved satisfaction: pay their bills quickly and easily; flexible and convenient payment plans can ease the burden of large bills